Goof Off Day? I’m Sold
Today marks a very unique holiday: National Goof Off Day.
There really is a celebration for everything and goofing off is no exception. The National Day Calendar says this lovely day began in 1976. Monica Moeller dubbed this a necessary holiday to celebrate not being so serious.
Now, March 22 marks the day where maybe no one should be working, or at least not seriously.
Of course, one usually goofs off a fair amount during the regular work day but today is dedicated to throwing caution to the wind intentionally and indulging in anything but work.
The NDC suggests:
- Sleeping in (like we all want to)
- Mindlessly staring at the television
- Use #nationalgoofoffday
While these are all great ideas, there are many more ways to goof off, so here are a few more suggestions:
- Create a new office game so you and your coworkers can partake in goofing off.
- Spend an excessive amount of time looking at local restaurants to go eat at during your break.
- Send multiple memes in a row to your favorite people.
- Have a good scream/cry session in your car at some point today.
- Spend some dedicated time with your kids and remember what it's like to goof off every day.
- Prank someone (my boss's favorite goof-off method so it’s tried and true).
- Play a video/board game.
- Stare off into space.
Personally, I will be partaking in the scream/cry session in my car and staring off into space. Lazy goofing off is the way to go when your energy is just not ready for a fully committed goof-off.
Happy National Goof Off Day!