When You’re 90, You’ll Wish You Did These 20 Things
Growing old sucks! It’s rare to find someone who is truly okay with aging. A man by the name of Sahil Bloom (@SahilBloom) decided to do something fun for his 32nd birthday, so he asked a bunch of 90 year olds to give advice to people in their 30’s. He then compiled his favorite answers. I have listed 20 of my personal favorites.
- Now and then, break out the fancy china and drink the good wine for no reason at all.
- Dance at weddings until your feet are sore.
- Tell your partner you love them every night before falling asleep. Someday you’ll find the other side of the bed empty and wish you could.
- Don’t fear sadness, as it tends to sit right next to love.
- Laugh loudly and unapologetically whenever you feel like it.
- Do one good deed every single day, but never tell anyone about it.
- Time doesn't heal anything when it comes to relationships. Don't delay difficult conversations.
- Find the things that make your eyes light up. Do more of those.
- Always remind yourself that your track record for making it through your bad days is perfect.
- No one has ever argued their way to happiness.
- Never let a good friendship atrophy. Send the text, make the call, plan the trip. Good friendships must be treasured.
- Give everybody a second chance, but never a third.
- Taking no risk is the biggest risk you can take. Regret from inaction is always more painful than regret from action.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect for it to be wonderful.
- Stop trying to change people who don’t want to be changed.
- You may win the argument, but if you lose the friend, what was the point?
17. Do one thing that challenges your mind every single day.
- Allow your kids to fail. You will hate it, but it's so important.
- No amount of money is ever worth trading for your peace of mind.
- If your kid wants to dance in line at the store, join them.
You can see the full original list on Twitter.
Check Out the Best-Selling Album From the Year You Graduated High School