Utah Drivers Ranked Worst In The Nation
Recently, auto insurance aggregator site QuoteWizard listed Utah as having the worst drivers in the nation.
This was based on a set of criteria such as the number of accidents per capita, and not just on personal attacks as many in the beehive state would assume.
When I read that Utah had the worst drivers, I looked at my wife and cohost on the Mikey & The Mrs Show Bonnie, and I said “Utah was ranked as having the worst drivers in the country. I don’t think that’s true.“
My darling wife, the love of my life and mother of my children looked me in the eye and said
"Well yeah. You don’t notice because you’re a terrible driver too.”
I wish I could tell her that she was wrong, but 10 seconds of introspection proved that she had a point.
All of the things that people complain about when it comes to Utah drivers, I have at one time or another, found myself guilty of.
- I have been oblivious. I tailgate on accident all the time.
- I have been easily distracted.
- I have forgotten to use a blinker. (I know, I know)
- I have used the passing lane as a travelling lane. I've gone many many miles without realizing it.
- I eat and drive at the same time. Which is hard with a manual transmission.
- I have been completely surprised that I’m going 20mph over the speed limit.
- I sing along to Broadway soundtracks. Okay so that's not a bad driver thing, but it definitely isn't something you want to be around.
In short, I am the worst.
This is why Bonnie always drives when we are together in a car. She can’t stand the way I drive, and that’s probably a good thing.
In the words of the late great Michael Jackson, "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."
So here's the deal. I'll work on being a better driver, and if the rest of Utah could work on staying at least 2 to 3 car lengths away from me, that would help out alot.
@mikeyandthemrs C’mon guys. #utahdrivers are not that bad. #utah #utahcheck #sarcasm ♬ Mii! - VooDoo
LOOK: Holiday gift crazes and fads of the past century